Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2 Nephi, Chapter 11

1) And now, Jacob spake many more things to my people at that time; nevertheless only these things were written, for his scribe did walk away, for he would not endure a minute longer than the three hour block.

2) And now I, Nephi, have precious little room on these plates. Therefore, I shall waste it by plagiarizing more of the Bible. Nevertheless, I shall not change any part of it enough to make it worth reading.

3) But I will prove unto those Doubting Thomases in the future that this is genuine ancient text, and I shall do it by the words of three witnesses. Well, eleven witnesses, or twelve if you count Joseph, and thirteen if you count Mrs. Whitmer. I suppose Emma also counts because she shall touch a corner, so that is fourteen witnesses in all. I was verily joking when I said three, but none of them shall view the plates until after the translation of this book is completed, and while I can see future events in great detail, it is very difficult for me to see beyond that point.

4) Behold, my soul delighteth in proving unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ, whose name we now know thanks to my brother. I just wish God shared my enthusiasm.

5) And also my soul delighteth in predicting the extra words that shall be added into the text of the Bible by translators of a version that shall not exist for over two thousand years.

6) For verily I believe that I can get all of the additional words right, one-hundred percent.

7) And also all the translation errors shall I predict with perfect accuracy, and when my errors are translated into the same future language using a peep stone and a hat, they shall be compared unto that version commissioned by King James, and it shall be a perfect match, word for word, errors and all.

8) And verily I shall win the bet, for Jacob doesn't think I can do it. Now these are the words, and ye may compare them unto your Bible for yourself and see if I can not know exactly how it will be worded.

No comments:

Post a Comment