Monday, August 17, 2015

1 Nephi, Chapter 12

1) And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Look, and behold what thy book shall do!  And I looked and beheld the land of promise; even Utah, and it was a choice fertile land above all other lands, yea, and the salt flats were as vast as the sands of the sea.

2) And it came to pass that I beheld multitudes gathered together to battle civil rights movements, one after the other; and I beheld wards, and rumors of wards who did solicit donations to fund Proposition 8, and who did command their members to travel door-to-door to support Proposition 22.

3) And I beheld that originally the Mormons fought the anti-bigamy acts of the nineteenth century, which defined marriage as between one man and one woman, and it came to pass that I beheld not many generations pass away and they did truly flip-flop, notwithstanding their ancestors had been the victims of legislation against practicing marriage according to one's beliefs.

4) And it came to pass that I saw a skin of darkness on the face of the land of promise; and I saw segregations, and I heard persecutions, and discriminations, and all manner of civil rights infractions, and I saw one Mormon whose name was George Romney, and he did oppose this blatant racism, and I beheld that he received a letter from Delbert Stapley of the quorum of the twelve apostles admonishing him for his views, yea and he did even use the example of a man who asked the prophet to allow blacks to hold the priesthood, and that man did verily drown, and this as a not-so-subtle warning against Mr. Romney that only the teachings of the Mormon prophets should be allowed to define the laws of the land.

5) And it came to pass after I saw these things, I saw the discrimination against blacks, that it passed from off the face of the land; and behold, I saw multitudes who had not fallen because of the great and terrible judgments of the Lord.

6) And many years did pass away, and I saw the heavens open, and the Lamb of God descending out of heaven, and he came down and showed himself unto the prophet in an upper room in the temple, which is to say he gave him good feelings within his heart, for the Lord doth not actually show himself unto the prophet, even during important turning-points such as this.  And the spirit told him to lift the ban of the priesthood, which is to say the ban of saving ordinances.

7) And I also saw and bear record that the Holy Ghost fell upon twelve others; and they had also been ordained and chosen as special witnesses of a being they too had never seen.

8) And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the twelve disciples of the Lamb, all white males, who are chosen to administer over all the church.

9) And he said unto me: Thou rememberest the Equal Rights Amendment?  Behold it shall be created to provide equality for women, and it shall be judged as evil by these men; wherefore, they shall decide that women should not have an equal place to men in secular society.

10) And these twelve apostles whom thou beholdest shall judge women, that they should have no place among them as administrators of the church, yea even that they should not be leaders over stakes, or bishops over wards, for because of their vaginas which every month are made white with their blood.

11) And the angel said unto me: Look!  And I looked and beheld three generations pass away in bigotry, and they were white elitists even like unto Brigham Young.  And the angel said unto me: These are made white because of their faith in God, and particularly because they were more faithful in the pre-existence.

12) And iNephi, also saw many of the fourth generation who passed away in racism, but by that time the racist roots of their religion had begun to fade, and they did begin to grow more tolerant.

13) And it came to pass that I saw the multitudes of the church gathered together unto Missouri.

14) And the angel said unto me: Behold, this is not in preparation for the second coming, as thou thinkest, for such a day shall never come.

15) And it came to pass that I looked and beheld that it was the early days of the church, and the Mormons were gathered together in a group called the Danites against the residents of Missouri, and they were gathered together to battle.

16) And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold, Crooked River, yea even the place where the Mormons aggressively attacked the state militia, and there were casualties on both sides.

17) And I saw that David Patten was hailed as the first martyr of the church, notwithstanding he had led the charge, and notwithstanding it was a foolish charge into an enemy line entrenched in a strategically superior position.

18) And I beheld a building, and it was a place of voting in a city called Gallatin.  And a great and a terrible gulf divided the Mormons from the other Missourians, for Sidney Rigdon had indeed recently preached a salt sermon, in the which he did say, regarding the Missourians, it shall be between us and them a war of extermination; for we will follow them until the last drop of their blood is spilled; or else they will have to exterminate us, for we will carry the seat of war to their own houses and their own families, and one party or the other shall be utterly destroyed.  And in response to this and other provocations, the Missourians would that the Mormons should not vote.

19) And while the angel spake these words, I beheld and saw that the Mormons did start a fight in the place of voting, according to the word of the angel, and I beheld that the Mormons did overpower the residents of Gallatin.

20) And it came to pass that I beheld, and saw that the Mormons did burn the post office to the ground, and the treasurer's office, and they did steal all the merchandise from within the town, for verily they had been taught by their leaders that all property in the land of Zion had already been consecrated unto them.

21) And I saw the Haun's Mill Massacre, and I saw the expulsion of the Mormons, and I saw the extermination order, and the trial of Mormon leaders, and I saw that Joseph Smith did escape from custody as a fugitive of justice and flee to Nauvoo.

22) And the angel said unto me: Behold, he shall send one of his Danites back to Missouri to assassinate the governor, but he shall not succeed.

23) And it came to pass that I beheld that Joseph Smith became a filthy, loathsome man, full of all manner of abominations.  And he wrote ordinances into his city charter to prevent his own extradition, yea, and he did create an army called the Nauvoo Legion, with himself as the supreme general, and it was not much smaller than the entire United States military put together.  But notwithstanding his precautions, I beheld that he was taken, and he was killed before he could be brought to justice.




No comments:

Post a Comment